PSAS Chatbot

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Letters to The Pelican Brief - Week 2














Each week--as part of a class assignment--school children from all over the nation write letters to The Pelican Brief about fantasy football and life in general. The Pelican Brief's President and GM, Shaun Boyle III, (when his schedule allows) answers the questions personally.



Dear The Pelican Brief,

I heard someone in your league had Jahvid Best on the bench this last week. Is this the first time that GM has played fantasy football?

Sincerely,
Christie Havard
Blacksburg, VA

Christie, thanks for writing me. Sadly this isn't the first time the above mentioned GM has played fantasy football. You may be surprised to learn that the same GM is actually the commissioner of our league. Seriously, I'm not joking. For all you readers out there who don't know--Jahvid Best had one of the best fantasy performances in week 2 in the history of fantasy football. Personally I think the 'commish' was flustered over the Kolb injury and that coupled with his inability to spend $$$ on Brandon Jackson indicates to me an overall lack of leadership.

Dear TPB,

What do you do to motivate your team each and every week?

Love,

Paul Kamuf
Providence, Rhode Island

Great question, Paul. I think being a winner is just part of who I am as a person. That confidence and determination rubs off on my team. Confidence aside--I think my scouting dept. is a huge part of the winning equation I've created at The Pelican Brief. A staff of 75 works around the clock...finding the right people and signing them to my team. When you put the right people in right place, you don't have to do much motivating. Everyone on my team has two goals in mind: pummeling the 'commish' in week 8 and winning a league championship. I just stand back and let the magic happen.

Dear The Pelican Brief,

Who are you targeting on the Waiver Wire this week?

Regards,

Chris Redmond
Manhattan, KS

Super awesome question. I have my eyes on one free agent. Starts with a "T" and ends with an "Olbert". I'm willing to spend $1337 on him too. I'm confident the 'commish' will still be shopping at the Dollar General for his free agents, so I'm pretty sure my bid will win.

--

Have a great week, kids. I'll talk to you next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment