PSAS Chatbot

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Commish's Note Regarding Changes Week 9

Dear League,

On Sunday a transaction took place which I admit, I still do not fully understand. Still, as a result of this transaction, I have been forced to take steps to ensure fair play in the league. Theoretically, all dropped players should abide by waiver rules, that is players, once selected, are part of the team and when dropped must join the waiver wire. For some reason, both Randy McMichael and Joel Dreessen were dropped to the Free Agent pool when dropped by JGPB. Since the only explanation I can afford is computer error, I have undone this add/drop, subtracting McMichael's 14 points and adding Dreessen's 6 points to JGPB's total. It is my belief that this mistake was made in good faith and hence I have not penalized JGPB.

There exists the possibility that in doing this I am in fact creating a precedent. The fact that this issue has not come up in our previous months and years of play suggests that this is in fact very rare. Since, in my research I could find no other transactions this year that precisely matched the conditions of JGPB's this Sunday, there also exists the possibility that it is a technically legal, though rare, move. For example, it may be possible that Yahoo will send players held for less than 1 hour on Sunday morning back to the Free Agent pile. With this in mind I would like to caution all players to be vigilant against two potential ills arising from this kind of transaction.

1. Dithering - When you drop a player, please be absolutely sure that you will not pick him back up again before the waiver period. Any such moves that Yahoo allows will be subject to review and/or revision.

2. Illegal Screening - I have also considered the possibility that this move is technically legal in Yahoo to prevent players from illegally screening potential free agents from their rivals before game time. Consider a legal screen - I have two kickers already on my roster. My opponent this week needs one. In order to prevent him from acquiring my kicker on waivers, I wait until his game is in "the shadow" of my kicker's waiver period. Consider an illegal screen - I have one kicker on my roster and an open roster spot. In order to prevent my opponent from acquiring a kicker, I systematically add and drop every decent kicker in the free agent pile, thus preventing him from setting his line-up.

Thanks for your time, and please take a moment to read over the Fair Play & Sportsmanship guidelines at Yahoo Fantasy. If you have any questions, please email me directly. If you would like to challenge my ruling, please get two other owners to sign off on a formal appeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment